PATSY'S GREAT RECIPE IDEAS!
Get creative with your home grown goodies and try something new!CLICK HERE
Delicious Borecole (Curly Kale)
- Trim the borecole (curly kale) and immerse in cold, salty water for 5 minutes. Rinse each leaf under cold running water. Slice into narrow pieces and drain.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion until clear and tender. Add the sliced pepper and nutmeg and stir for a minute. Add the sliced kale, stir and immediately cover the pan, cooking over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and cover the pan.
- Leave to cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Sir well and serve immediately, preferably with rice.
- 1kg (2lb) borecole (curly kale)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
MR DIGWELL'S GARDEN BLOG
Top tips on successful gardening, you can even ask the expert!CLICK HERE